Saturday, August 22, 2009

Project P90X

The Challenge: 90 days of intense workout. The reward: strength, endurance, and smaller clothes.

Trepidation. Anticipation. Excitement. These are a few things I am feeling as I am beginning the challenge of P90X. I want to be in shape. I want to see results. I want to lower my cholesterol, and I want to learn to eat more nutritiously.

I am hoping that knowing it is going to be EXTREMELY hard to complete this workout program will help me to keep on the path to finishing it. I am encouraged to hear that loads of people have been successful in completing this program. So obviously it isn't impossible, right? It is just difficult.

This is the reason I began this blog. I need accountability. I don't know if anyone is reading along, but if you are know that you are helping me to get through this. Because I will have to come back and tell you if I have quit. And I don't want to have to do that :).

I have several things to do before I get can begin. I have to measure and take pictures. Which I will only share IF I see results. Haha. I also need to find the best place to do this. Right now I can't decide if I should set up shop downstairs in our formal living room or if I should do it in my bedroom. Either place I need to sweep/vacuum since I will definitely be spending some quality time on the ground. I also need to read watch the "Bring It" DVD and read through the beginning stages of the nutrition plan. I need to go buy groceries. Lastly and probably most difficultly, I have to get rid of the junk food :(.

So I will be keeping you updated on the progress. I expect the first week I may be too sore to even type, but I will let you know how it goes.

So friends...thanks for beginning this journey with me. I officially start on Monday. I hope that we will all be rejoicing when I finish the program in 3 months.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Way to go chica! Rob brought the DVDs home with him from deployment after doing it and we did one day :( I wish I could have kept going, but it's hard to get serious when you don't have the right equipment...dumb bells/chin bar, etc. I must say that we eat very healthy in our house, so if you need help in that area, let me know. I'd love to send you some yummy recipes. I'll help keep you accountable!

Lara

Alison Margaret said...

Tdawg, you can do it! I love P90, and I think it's mostly beCAUSE you will get results. Amazing results. I mean, my sister came to visit from NY a couple of weeks ago and I pulled up my shirt (after 7 weeks) she was like, "Oh my gosh, you have abs!!" But yeah, it does take commitment--like, you do have to eat healthily too. But anyway, I am excited for ya and would love to help in any way I can. :) love! Pegs

Robbie said...

Good idea for accountability! Good luck!