Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 2, Day 3, Day 4

Day 2
Cardio X - 43:18

After the first day, it would be an understatement to say I was hesitate to come back for more. I mean who voluntarily goes back to things that make them want to vomit?! However, crazy as I am I actually did come back the second day. After spending the evening with my friends, I went home to get started on some Cardio X. The name Cardio X is enough to strike fear into the heart of any poor girl who most of the time truly despises exercise. So with a bit of fear, I started my workout. And what did I find? I loved it! Don't get me wrong, it was tough and I was thoroughly sweaty. But it was also a lot of fun! Cardio X combines a little Yoga, Plyometrics, and Kenpo. And being only a little over 43 minutes, it was was like a walk in the park next to core syngeristics. So thank you Cardio X, you restored my confidence in my ability to actually do this workout program.

Day 3
Shoulders & Arms - 59:53
Ab Ripper X - 16:07

This was a long night for me. I only had 5 pound weights available, and at first I thought that would be enough. But I found that over the course of the night, I probably could have lifted slightly heavier weights (at least with some exercises). I think I am going to invest in some resistance bands before next week. This program worked my shoulders, biceps, and triceps alternately so I never really got worn out. However, then I had to do the Ab Ripper X! It is as scary as it sounds. Thank goodness it is only 16 minutes long! In the course of the 16 minutes, I was suppose to do 340 ab movements. But during the course of the 16 minutes, I probably did only half of that. Maybe 200, but doubtful. But my abs fell stronger. I can't wait to see where this gets me in 30, 60, and 90 days.

Day 4
Yoga X - 92:24

Are you kidding me?! An hour and a half of yoga?! The greatest extent of my Yoga is 30 seconds or so on the WiiFit. But tonight I did all 1.5 hours. Well, I did sit out a couple of poses. I mean 1.5 hours is a LONG time after all. I can't remember the names, but the first 45 minutes was a lot of strength training. The next 15 minutes were mostly balance poses (which I am glad no one was watching because I spent the majority of that time falling over). The last 30 minutes were stretching. I liked the stretching, especially the corpse pose which looks alot like how I sleep. Nonetheless, I am still shaking from my yoga workout.


All in all, I am REALLY enjoying P90X. Now don't get me wrong it is hard! Who in their right mind commits to working out 6 days a week for 90 days. I mean I am not training for the 2012 Olympics! However, if I see results and overall feel as good as I do right now, it will all be worth it. I tell you one thing though, I am having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Even when I go to bed at 9:30 (and that is becoming more often than not!) And with that said, it is time to hit the hay.

Legs and back tomorrow.
Oh and I decided I like their slogan "Decide. Commit. Succeed."

Peace out kids!

2 comments:

Lauren Burch said...

I am loving the updates! I am seriously considered doing P90X so its great to hear about it! Hope your doing well friend!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should consider the Olympics?