Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 2

Week 2

Day 8 - Core Synergistics

Still hard the second time around, but I was able to do more of the exercises. I still really hate the Superman/Banana (visualize laying on the floor flying like Superman and then flipping over on your back and being shaped like a banana, SUPER HARD if you have a weak core). It was actually during this move that I realized I had tweaked my hip flexor on Saturday.
I didn't use any weights this time. Only because they were upstairs and I was too lazy to push pause and go get them. But I will definitely be using weights in the future. This workout is such a great chance to work your entire body while focusing on your core. I really felt like I gypped myself by not having weights...but then again, I didn't feel too badly about it.

Day 9 - Cardio X

Still loving this exercise. I like sweating away all the "grit/grime and gristle" as Tony says. And with the combination of the Yoga, Plyometrics, and Kenpo, it keeps you moving and changing things up. It makes the 45 minutes fly by.

Plug here. I have been drinking the "Recovery Drinks" or protein powder you can buy at Walmart. I always associated these drinks with men who wanted to build muscle. But I saw in the "How to Bring It" starter DVD that for about an hour after you do a hard workout, your body is primed to receive nutrients. And those drinks help to repair the muscle fibers and stabilize your metabolism. Plus it gives you a few extra calories. Let's face it, it is hard to keep your calories up when you are eating the right foods and exercising. Keeping the calories up is key, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and stores everything you take in as fat. Do NOT want that.

Day 10 - Shoulders and Arms; Ab Ripper X

Last week I did shoulders and arms with 5 pound free weights. I know I know, you think 5 pittily pounds, but I was afraid I would get too bulky. However, I quickly realized 5 pounds was not enough weight. So I bought some resistance bands. I like them because they are harder, but I do not like them because they limit my range of motion and kept giving me an indian burn on my legs and outer arms. Plus I am a little scared they are going to pop up and hit me in the face. So they will take a little getting use to. Fortunately, I have 11 more weeks to get use to them ;).
Well since they resistance bands were hard, my workout was also harder. My arms were actually shaking after I finished. Then I started Ab Ripper X (OH! I forgot to say I did Ab Ripper X on friday with my legs and back too!). Anyway, the only nice thing I can say about Ab Ripper X is that it is only 16 minutes long. And that I hate it so much I love it. I know it is working because it is so hard. But those are the only nice things I will say.

Day 11
Yoga X

Okay so this was my first morning workout. I turned off my alarm at 5:50 am, rolled out of bed, pulled on my workout clothes, and thought this is so wrong. But I am going out of town tonight and I knew I wouldn't have time to do it with the driving. Anyway, I really never ever suggest doing Yoga in the morning when your muscles are stone cold. It makes it so much harder. Especially since Tony doesn't really warm you up, you just start doing Yoga moves. However it did help with my deep breathing because I was yawning the whole time. I had to cut down this workout (what a cheater) to an hour because I didn't want to get up at 5 to do the entire program. So I did only a little of the strength portion, then I did the balance poses, and stretching poses. It did waking me up though, and I even left the house on time! Success! Not to mention I am finished working out for the day. Shew!

So the next few days I will be working out in an RV in Auburn. This could be VERY interesting. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: